Please descale the kettle by doing the following:
- Fill the kettle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil.
- After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level.
- Leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
- Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly.
- Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water.
- Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again.
- Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.
Regular descaling prolongs the life of your kettle.
Never use natural vinegar or white vinegar with an acetic acid content higher than 8%, as this may damage the inside of your Philips kettle.